Friday, August 11, 2006

Zombie

"Zombie," (Cranberries) below is a powerful "rock anthem" composition, equal to any. It speaks to the blind focus that drives those who've devoted themselves to the call for war. Those who've been propelled by the snow-balling monster of vengeance that's been set in motion by forces far away from their homes, as seems to be the usual case. The call to war did not eminate from my neighborhood, it didn't start with my town council. Not from my mayor. The call for war always starts from far away, and serves the purposes of far away. And, far away always seems to be in a Green Zone, insulated from the effects of the monster far away has itself created. Though not insulated from the profit$ of it. I saw no change in my neighborhood from beginning to end of war, except for a couple of guys not coming home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home